Here’s instant access to the symptoms, signs, differential diagnosis, and treatment for the full range of liver disorders. Written by an international ‘who’s who’ of hepatology-and now in full color-this new 2nd Edition provides readers with top-notch, authoritative guidance they can count on!
* Discusses the hottest topics in the field, such as non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and the latest information on liver transplantation.
* Includes expanded coverage of chronic hepatitis C, most notably the use of combination therapy with peginterferon and ribavirin and improvements in the management of the side effects of antiviral therapy.
* Offers the most recent therapeutic options for the management of chronic hepatitis B and advances in the understanding of the molecular biology of this virus.
* Updates the approach to the diagnosis of many liver diseases due to newer tests based on molecular techniques and advances in imaging.
* Features over 340 full-color illustrations.
* Uses a redesigned templated, outline format that makes reference a snap.
* Presents a concise, in-depth clinical summary-in an outline format-of the current practice of hepatology for each major disease entity.
* Provides a liberal use of tables, algorithms, and figures, rendering complex concepts understandable.
* Includes key point boxes at the beginning of each chapter, providing at-a-glance access to vital information.
* Includes alert symbols that highlight information that’s critical to patient safety.